by family physician Dr. Aletha Cress Oglesby,
exploring and sharing the HEART of health in ways that are
like watercress -unique, zesty, and nutritious.
What you will find at watercress words
I believe true health encompasses all aspects of our lives working together to help us achieve our dreams and help others do the same.
At Watercress Words you will
- find answers to your health questions,
- get guidance on creating a healthy lifestyle,
- meet people who share their health experiences and knowledge,
- and join fellow seekers of true health and wellness.
Dear friends, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.3 John 2 , NLT
Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
So pick a topic and start exploring and sharing watercress words
To read the latest posts, click here BLOG POSTS
- books, literature, arts
- Children and adolescent development and health
- Diseases and injuries
- Faith and Spirituality
- International health issues and humanitarian efforts
- News, observances, history
- nutrition, food, eating
- physician-patient communication
- prevention and fitness
- relationships-family, marriage, parenting
- the business of health care
- women's health, pregnancy and childbirth
Watercress is one of several types of cress, edible green plants that grow near water. Although not widely eaten in today’s diets, nutrition experts tell us it’s rich in vitamins and minerals and may play a role in cancer prevention and controlling high blood pressure and diabetes, the two most prevalent chronic diseases. So the title Watercress Words seemed to fit a health blog; and besides, my family name is Cress.