I am Dr. Aletha, or sometimes called Dr. O, and I am a family doctor .
My education and experience
I have worked in a variety of settings-family practice, clinic, hospital, emergency and urgent care clinics, nursing homes, rural and city, and volunteer settings overseas.
Besides exploring health, I like to explore the world. With our sons, my husband and I took yearly summer vacations – to theme parks, national parks, historic sites, and winter snow ski trips. When they left home, my husband and I traded in our skis for ballroom dance shoes, took lessons, and now dance socially and travel to compete.
We also donate time to worthy causes involving computer technology and medicine having travelled to numerous countries-VietNam, Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina, Paraguay, Panamá, Zanzibar, to name a few. We enjoy meeting, working with and learning from people in other cultures; we gain as much as we give.
My special professional and personal interests include
- International health and humanitarian needs and projects
- The Bible and Christian faith
- Awareness, acceptance, and empowerment of persons with disabilities
- United States military and veterans’ health
- Understanding and improving the United States healthcare system
- Ballroom dancing for social, mental, and physical health
I would love to know more about you, so contact me anytime through my social media accounts or use the contact form on this blog.