In 2016 I wrote about the 3 physicians who ran for President of the United States that year. None of them won but one of them, Dr. Rand Paul, has tested positive for the coronavirus now spreading through the United States.
Here is the post I wrote about Dr. Paul that year. He vied for the Republican nomination.
Dr. Rand Paul was a candidate for the Republican party nomination for President in 2016. He suspended his campaign before the party convention. He continues to serve as Senator from Kentucky.
About Dr. Paul
- Dr. Paul graduated from Duke University Medical School.
- He was elected Senator from Kentucky in 2010.
- He is married, has 3 children, and coached his children in Little League baseball, soccer and basketball.
- His father Dr. Ron Paul is an obstetrician/gynecologist, has served in the House of Representatives, and also ran for President.
- He has served as President of the Lions Club International .
- He provides eye surgery free of charge to people unable to pay in his home state of Kentucky.
- He has traveled around the world as a volunteer eye surgeon, providing care to people unable to pay; a recent trip was to Guatemala. He has received awards for his humanitarian work.
- Dr. Paul has written books, including Our Presidents & Their Prayers: Proclamations of Faith by America’s Leaders
This is an affiliate link; readers who use it to purchase help fund this blog.
According to his Facebook page, Dr. Paul is
a proud Senator of Kentucky. I fight for
the Constitution, individual liberty, and the freedoms that make this country great.
In the U.S. Senate, Dr. Paul currently serves on
- the Committee on Foreign Relations,
- the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, and
- the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions that has jurisdiction over health care-related issues.